Meet The Team
Khalid is a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) and has over twenty five years’ experience in offering proactive tax advice to the firm’s diverse range of clients. He is a Probate practitioner and holds a diploma with STEP in Will Preparation. Previously, he worked for Coutts & Co and top 20 national accountancy practices.
He specialises in buy to let incorporation, tax planning for property landlords and HMRC tax investigations including COP8 and COP9. Khalid advises on estate planning, tax efficient wills and inheritance tax planning matters in a wide variety of situations. He has assisted many firms of chartered accountants, solicitors, IFAs and high net worth individuals and families in their trusts and tax planning.
Khalid prides himself on providing clear, logical and understandable solutions to client’s tax planning and financial needs. His objectives are to provide bespoke tax planning and build lasting relationships with his clients and their families which allow him to assist clients in achieving their personal financial objectives.
Khalid’s many areas of expertise include:
- Tax efficient planning for limited companies and high net worth individuals
- Retirement planning using business assets disposal relief
- Inheritance Tax and Estate planning including Wills and Trusts and an effective use of Deed of Variation
- Use of variety of trusts for assets protection and bloodline protection
- Tax planning against unforeseen events such a care home fee, marriage breakdown and bankruptcy
- Lasting Power of Attorney (formations and registrations)
- Effective use of beneficial ownership trusts
- Islamic Wills and advises on Islamic Wills related trusts
He regularly lectures in professional seminars and appears on a weekly live TV program providing his views on a diverse range of taxation matters including: Trusts, Wills, LPAs, Probate and changes to UK Budgets.
Qualifications, Memberships and Regulatory Bodies:
- CTA-Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- TEP-Full Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- FCA-Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- MCSI-Associate of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- Probate license from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Diploma in Will Preparation with STEP
Khalid is married with 3 children who keep him pretty busy. He does, however, find time to watch cricket and keeps fit with regular visits to his local gym!